Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Son's First Deer


What a great day we had Saturday. We went down to Hondo where my son Justin had the opportunity to hunt on a friend's ranch. Justin, myself, and our friend Lex, were in the blind. We waited very patiently. And about 5:45 p.m. this nine-point buck came into view. Justin had only one shot at this one. All three of our hearts were pounding as he pulled the trigger. Justin needed to hit him in just the right spot, or it possibly would have run off onto the neighbor's property. Fortunately, the deer fell right where he was hit.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So am I getting any deer meat? Sausage, or whatever they call it? Oh and by the way even though the picture was sad b/c of the grusome way the deer died, I still appreciate the good photo of a boy and his deer. Congrats Justin!