Sunday, January 14, 2007

Church Staff, Branded, and Robert O'Brien

Today, our church voted to have Waide Messer come as our Minister of Education/Administration. He and his wife Pam are coming from Tennessee. This is something I'm very happy about. I feel like we're fully staffed again. What a blessing! Today the Christian country music duo Branded led music in our worship services. I was glad to have the break and enjoyed the program. Each of my family members enjoyed certain songs more than others, so we ended up having to buy 3 CDs so we could hear all of them!

Tonight I called Robert O'Brien several times. Robert is our network administrator. It turns out I was installing a wireless router so that my daughter's computer could be hooked up to the internet . Everytime I ran into a little difficulty, I called Robert. This guy has the heart of a genuine servant. Besides keeping our computers up to speed, he works with Carpenter's Helpers, the premier helping ministry organization of our church. Robert is very knowledgable when it comes to computers and web design. Yet he is also very patient when dealing with people like me. My confidence level is pretty low when it comes to installing new software and hardware. So I thank God for Robert.

As a matter of fact, I didn't feel comfortable even buying my daughter's laptop computer until I had consulted with this guy! Actually Leslie bought the computer; she was in San Antonio when she called to tell me about it. I said, "now wait just a minute. You know you can't buy this until I talk to Robert." Anyway, as it turns out, I can't do a lot of computer/technological things unless I've talked to Robert about it! What an example this man is. I wish we could all be so helpful with the various gifts and talents the Lord has blessed us with!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Branded was Awsome! I laughed I cried (all at the same time). They have some great songs. But I noticed all three of there funny songs were not put on one cd. So I asked one of the member of Branded, "Why don't you make one cd with just your funny songs, instead of putting one on each cd." He answered saying that if he puts one funny song on each cd then people are more likely to buy all three cds instead of one. ha ha just kidding he said that they get a funny dose of one song and then the rest are of our Lord. So they get both sides of the group. And just to let all know who read this I did go and have some battered fried chicken after church but I had texas toast instead of a role and well there was no coleslaw but there were fries.
And about Robert, he fixes all my computer needs too. He surely does have a servants heart and is very patient. Kudos to Robert!