Monday, January 29, 2007

Dan Castro to Appear at FBC Wimberley


Dan Castro is appearing at a banquet at FBC Wimberley tomorrow night. He will be speaking about his book, Critical Choices. Dan is a lifelong friend of mine. Leslie and I look forward to seeing his presentation. If you would like to read more about Dan and his book, check him out at his website. I've read the book from cover to cover and give it high marks. So get the book. And if you're coming tomorrow night, buy one then. It's worth the read. Here's my review from Amazon.com:

This has been one of the most thought-provoking books I've read in a long time. I like books that remind me of things I already instinctively know. The more you read books like these, the better chance you have of living by the life-principles set forth in them. What makes "Critical Choices" unique is its combination of stories/anecdotes and principles. The stories Daniel tell have everything to do with the precepts throughout his book. They serve to reinforce the main points.

The reader will find that the wisdom of the ages is evident in this book. One of the most encouraging themes is the fact when we make mistakes, we need to learn from them, and move on. We need to not allow temporary setbacks to keep us down.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is on p. 158: "The true test of a person's characer is how he acts when he thinks no one is watching." Again, I've heard this before, but being reminded of it again in this book reinforces the truth and timelessness of this particular principle.

This is a great read for yourself, and a great gift for a friend. I've bought a couple already!

0 comments: