Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big Bend 2008 Vacation Day Three

Yesterday evening Leslie and I hiked part of the way down to Mule Ears Peak. Check out the picture and you'll be able to see why it's named so. It's so serene out here. This morning I hiked a trail on the desert floor, and was amazed at the plant life. I'll bet it's a real sight to see when the plants are blooming in the spring.

The big story today is that Leslie went on a 30 mile bike ride
down one of the main roads here in the park! Both of us left early this morning, Leslie for her bike ride (read "marathon") and me for my wimpy 3 mile hike in the desert. You have it all here at Big Bend: mountains, desert, and river. This is our third time to come to the region.

It looks like we're in for a lot of rain later today, but that's fine. I heard Austin had some rain today. I hope Wimberley got some too. Tomorrow morning we will begin our trek home. We'll arrive home in time to pick up our kids from church. They've been at Student Life Camp in Shawnee, Oklahoma all week.

0 comments: