Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010 Part 5

Day 10:

Visited Badlands National Park and continued south to Colorado Springs. My mother-in-law described the Badlands better than anyone, I think. She says it’s like driving on the moon. If you want to see the Badlands featured in a movie, look at the opening scenes in Jurassic Park. Some people camp at the Badlands, but I prefer places like the Tetons and Yellowstone. Nevertheless, we just had to see this strange and wonderful park, because we’re not up this direction too often. On the way to Colorado Springs, two coyotes crossed the road in front of us. Pretty neat.

Day 11:

OK, I’m caught up and typing in the present tense, as I sit in the passenger seat while Justin drives. But what is there to say? We have a 9-hour trip to Lubbock. Woo Hoo. The mountains to the West of us are nice. About to go through Pueblo, Colorado. I have fond memories of tent camping at a KOA there when my dad took us to the Tetons in 1977!

Day 12:

Just got home after traveling from Lubbock. Stopped in Llano along the way to visit some friends. Overall, an easy day of travel. It's been a wonderful vacation. Now for the unpacking! I must say that we were blessed with great weather just about the whole time we were gone. It was a whirlwind, but a family vacation we will all remember for some time.

0 comments: