Monday, August 10, 2009

PopZ

This morning I visited Al Brinkley (PopZ) and his family at the hospital. Al went home to be with the Lord about an hour after I left. He and his wife, Mary Helen (MomZ), have raised a family of singers. It was my pleasure to sing with them today--four sisters and a brother--as we all sang hymns and gospel songs together--in perfect harmony, I might add! I know Al was comforted by the singing. I told the family that every person in a hospital bed should be so blessed to have a family of wonderful singers who are singing songs about our heavenly home.

In my prayer with the family I said how truly blessed I was to sing and visit with this wonderful family. It really is true that when you seek to be a blessing to others, that you end up being the one who is blessed. And besides comfort and blessing, there was quite a bit of worship going on too.

PopZ was loved by so many people. Besides MomZ and the kids, their good friends, Ann and Betty were there. The room was filled with a lot of love and wonderful memories. I thank the Lord that I was there to share in this sacred moment. My prayers are with the family.

"Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Philippians 3:20).

0 comments: