Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Lights


Christmas Lights
Originally uploaded by jonathanpenney11
Last Friday I hung Christmas lights on the front of my house. It's a nice tradition that takes about 3 hours. I always do this the day after Thanksgiving. For a long time, Christmas has been one of my favorite times of the year. I don't care for the hectic schedule. But I don't see any other way around it. I am steeped in preparations for our church's Christmas musical/drama. But, you know, I've been preparing church choirs and orchestras for Christmas programs for 26 years. So I know the pace. Anyway, I hope we all get a chance to slow down a little this season, downplay the hustle and bustle of the shopping malls, and have a chance to think about, perhaps even meditate on, the deep Truth of Christmas: Emmanual - God with us.

1 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Dan! Haven't seen you in forever & it's been too long since you posted so TAG you are it. Details are on my blog.
Blessings to you & yours!