Monday, April 7, 2008

It Takes a Village

Don't let the title of my article fool you. I'm not promoting a book here. However, I do want to tell you about some very important people in our church. These folks get to look at the backs of your heads every Sunday. But we would have a difficult time doing our worship services without them, I assure you. I'm referring to the Audio Visual / Media Team. They are Brian Daugherty, who runs sound and video, and his assistant, Matt Dragowitz; They are also Hannah Bryan, Lynn Johnson, Julia Williams, and Robert French, Jr., who run the media computer. These people see what they do as a ministry, and it's all for the glory of God!

This team is so crucial to the flow of our services that their value should never be underestimated! I can remember (I'm dating myself a little) when I could walk up to the pulpit, flip a couple of switches, and have sound. We had choir mics, a pulpit and piano mic. The instruments were piano and organ. We used hymnals. I'm still for the use of hymnals, by the way, especially for all you music readers out there. We didn't have a video projector or screen, either.

With our changing times and culture, we've added the necessary technologies to enhance our corporate worship experiences. And I wouldn't have it any other way. With all the technological advances, however, it's been necessary to form teams who know how to operate the computer programs, and sound reinforcement systems. That's why I'm so thankful for the people I mentioned above.
So you see, it really doesn't take a village. But it does take a great team of people like the one we have! Next time you're walking out of the auditorium, please take a minute to thank them for all they do.

0 comments: