Friday, June 8, 2007

More Thoughts on Blended or Separate Services

If anyone didn't know how I felt about the issue of blended vs. separate a.m. services, I think they know now after reading the last blog entry. Nevertheless, however our church decides to go on this issue, I will put my support there. People are offering different opinions to our pastor. So I pray for him to be able to work through the issue. I'm confident that he will, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lead our church to make the right decision regarding this issue.

I told someone today that people are concerned about keeping our two services separate because, when we move into our new auditorium, the sheer size of it will make our church look small if we keep meeting separately. So, to keep this from happening, it seems natural to join the two services, so that we have a good crowd that comes closer to filling up the auditorium. My friend offered a possible solution:

He said that we might think about roping off the back sections of the auditorium, and lighting only the front part that contains the people. This way people aren't spread all over the place. As we grow we can gradually remove the ropes, etc.

Another thing that might be good is actually joining the two services for a month, or so, just to celebrate the new facilities. Then we could go back to our normal schedule. Any other ideas? I invite them. Also, if anyone can think of a blended service of 600 to 1000 people that is working well, and is in Texas, let me know. The Directors of Mission that I talked to (check out my last entry) couldn't think of any. So if you can think of one, please let me know. I really want to keep an open mind about this.

1 comments:

Liz Maness said...

Seems that meeting together for a month and celebrating our new worship center as 'one' would be a super idea. Most likely we would have made a corperate decision after that as to the best way for the group as a whole to worship.
I am really enjoying hearing how other churches are operating under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
When we "Grey Hairs" get too set in our ways to make a few changes, then we are 'too set'
Keep them cards and letters coming Maestro
Liz Maness