Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sabbatical

As many of you know, I'm officially on sabbatical as of Tuesday of this week. Last week was a scramble to get ready for this extended period of study and reflection. This morning for 2 hours I went through piles of stuff from my office. Doing this kind of thing helps clear the mind. Also, I called Lake Hills Church in Austin to arrange a time to meet with their worship pastor. Like all of the worship pastors I meet with, I invited him to lunch in order to pick his brain about various things related to music ministry and the church in general. I'm waiting to hear back from him. I'll spend the rest of the day constructing a list of questions to ask the people I meet with. Most questions are my own; others are from our pastor, Mark Bryant.

I'm also reading books about how to do church in the new millennium. This includes not only music, but all aspects of church life. Mark and I have been talking a lot about this recently. So it will be very interesting to see how our church will to meet the challenges before us. Of course, this kind of stuff is on our minds right now for many reasons, not the least of which is that our church will be breaking ground very soon on a new campus! Yeah!

0 comments: